Senior Financial Analyst, (Investment Operations)
The Senior Financial Analyst supports the Manager by providing timely reporting and analysis, operational key drivers, process improvement opportunities and oversees the forecasting, reporting, & analytical support for the team to accomplish accurate financial reporting that will facilitate and improve business decisions.
Market and Industry Analysis:
- Conduct detailed financial analysis, including financial modelling development of long-term forecasts, Valuations and other equity valuation models
- Prepare trend reports for operational metrics and make recommendations for improving analysis and overall performance.
- Prepare financial reports on key operating metrics such as analysis of outcomes, revenue, expenses, headcount and operating results.
- Analyze and report financial results, analyze variances relative to budget and historical performance
- Assist the manager in with market research and networking to identify and source potential investment opportunities.
- Identify industry events, conferences for KU participation and coordinate the Manager participation for such sessions to to identify target sectors and industries aligned with our investment thesis.
Due Diligence and Evaluation:
- Prepare Investment Memorandum and Investment Committee presentations
- Make recommendations related to long-range financial and cash flow analyses.
- Manage the multi stages of the investment process including origination, detailed financial analysis, valuations, and structuring
- Develop complex financial models to predict the financial impact on the organization of various strategic decisions.
- Design develop and implement cost/revenue models, databases and management reports using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Planful Reporting and education/student accounting systems for the various functions and departments.
- Cost reduction efforts across the organization including (Direct costs, Overhead & Capital Expenditures)
- Measure corporate KPIs across the organization in on quarterly basis.
- work on forecasting funding requirement and cost of debt based on the entity’s cash requirement
- Participate in all aspects of due diligence on new investments (business analysis, industry thesis, competitive landscape, business/pricing model, and financial modeling / deal structuring)
- Read, analyze/review business plans and pitch decks
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc) taking into account institution’s goals and financial standing.
- Provide valuable support to the investment team on ad-hoc projects, leveraging your expertise to drive strategic initiatives forward.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- A Bachelor's degree in business or finance, CFA or MBA/MSc is preferable.
- The FMVA (Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst) certification, or an equivalent, would be valued
- Expats:A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Experience in investment banking, deal advisory within a Big 4 firm or well-reputed Consulting Firms is strongly appreciated.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Senior Analyst
Job Type: Full-time