Contracts Senior Specialist
Contracts Senior Specialist is responsible for overseeing contract administration tasks, ensure contract compliance with KU policies, guidelines and customer support. Also responsible for responding to Requests for Proposal, negotiating Change Orders, reviewing and submitting Contract Deliverables, guiding customer change requests.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Receive and analyze assigned purchase requisitions for compliance with Policy & Procedures manual standards and to ensure information is complete and accurate and that order parameters are clear and understood
- Review, assess and develop product and service specifications
- Confer with departments to obtain required information and resolve questions regarding requirements; revise specifications; when necessary, define detailed and accurate specifications
- Develop Invitation for Bids, Request for Quotations, and Request for Proposals, ensuring that all applicable legal and contractual provisions are included.
- Evaluate bids, performing price/cost analyses and assessing discounts, delivery conditions and the quality and suitability of supplies, materials and equipment
- Make recommendation to the Manager regarding the award of bids, selecting appropriate vendors and suppliers; issues purchase orders
- Utilize on-line e-Tendering bidding for bid postings, Selection Process and award notifications
- Analyze purchasing history of inventory parts and determine the original Purchase details
- Determine serviceability of assigned items and assesses and determines appropriate action/s
- Investigate, analyze, and make recommendation to Manager for new or better sources of supply for products and services within areas of assigned responsibility
- Administer standard fixed contracts and coordinate contract renewal functions for routine agreements
- Interview vendors to evaluate products and services and to obtain information for use in developing proposals
- Investigate, assess, and resolve product, vendor, receiving or other complaints or discrepancies; communicate and follow-up with vendors and appropriate internal departments to obtain prompt resolution
- Review error reports and resolve related pricing, quantity and freight terms discrepancies
- Prepare and maintain detailed spreadsheets, databases, and other reports as required
- Attend training sessions in purchasing related areas
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other related field.
- Expats: A minimum 7-9 years of relevant experience
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Senior Specialist
Job Type: Full-time