University Receptionist / Administrator
Engagement and Advancement
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £12.63 per hour
Closing Date: Sunday 01 October 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Start Date: 2nd of October 2023
End Date: 2nd of January 2024
Location: Highfield Campus
Working Hours: 22.5 hours per week (08:45 – 13:15 Monday to Friday) Please note this current opportunity is not open for current University of Southampton students.
Job Purpose: To provide a comprehensive University reception service and administrative support to the Communications team, underpinned by excellent customer service behaviours.
Key accountabilities/primary responsibilities:
- To provide a comprehensive reception service to the University. Acting as first point of contact to visitors to the University, staff and others visiting Building 37. Always provide excellent customer service, assisting customers as appropriate.
- To provide excellent customer service in assisting or directing a range of enquiries as appropriate, taking ownership for queries, and resolving them where possible or escalating to the appropriate team.
- To provide a comprehensive lost and found service for the University, including managing the lost and found property SharePoint site.
- Be responsible for the processing of orders for the University gift range to internal and external customers, including advising customers in-person and online as appropriate and supporting graduation activities. To manage the storage of the range and stock levels, alerting their line manager where necessary and updating the systems in response.
- To follow department and university processes to provide administrative support including stationery and equipment requests, travel bookings and catering. Support the administration of the set-up of new team members.
- To support customers of the Communications team online and in-person by triaging or answering queries as appropriate.
- Any other duties as allocated by the line manager following consultation with the post holder.
- Ability to understand written customer communications and produce clear and accurate responses.
- Basic numeracy
- Ability to make effective use of standard IT packages focusing on Microsoft 365.
- Experience of working in a busy area to always achieve tasks whilst prioritising customer service.
- To be proactive in organising activities relevant to an efficient reception service, facilitating communication with customers and the wider University, to provide the best possible service.
- Ability to follow procedures to solve a range of problems by taking ownership of the situation and resolving to best meet the needs of the University and customer.
- Ability to prioritise workload through effective time management to always maintain customer service levels.
- Experience of working as part of a team, contributing to efficiency through sharing information and supporting others as appropriate
- Outstanding communication skills, a positive attitude and experience of dealing with a range of customer groups to take ownership and responsibility of queries.
- Previous work experience within an administrative support role
Please note that unfortunately we can not accept Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) for Casual Work at the University of Southampton