Assistant Professor of the Department of Health Sciences
Department: Department of Health Sciences – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline: 27 Oct 2023
Start date: 1st January 2024 or by agreement
Job type: part-time
Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling
The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University appoints a selection procedure for the position
Assistant Professor of the Department of Health Sciences of the Faculty of Medicine MU – for the education in Nursing and Paramedic healthcare study programmes
(With shorter working hours – min. 8 hours per week)
The Department of Health Sciences of the Faculty of Medicine MU is an educational and research institution of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University. Provides teaching of study programs in non-medical study programs (mainly for the study programs General Nurse, Midwives, Paramedics, and Intensive Care) and participates at the tuition of other non-medical programs and also General Medicine and Dentistry.
The scope of your work will be:
- participation in theoretical and practical teaching at the workplace
- preparation of the study and teaching materials
- independent research and development activities, including the publication and presentation of research results
- organization and participation in foreign internships of students and academic staff
- participation in the organizational provision of research and pedagogical activities, incl. related administration
- membership in commissions for state final examinations
- completed professional education - obtaining professional competence according to § 5- professional competence to perform the profession of General nurse in the context of Act No 96/2004 Coll., or equivalent education obtained abroad – for the tuition in the General Nursing programme.
- completed professional training in pre-hospital care – professional competence in accordance with Section 18 of Act No 96/2004 Coll. Professional competence to practise as a paramedic, or equivalent training obtained abroad; completed specialisation training in the Paramedic Emergency Medicine programme, preferably successful completion of internationally certified courses - ALS, PHTLS, EPALS, NLS – for the tuition in the Paramedic programme.
- completed university education in a master's degree in a medical or related field, or equivalent education obtained abroad according to Act No 96/2004 Coll. (non-medical healthcare professions) and acquisition of specialised competence according to Act No 96/2004 Coll.
– for the tuition in the General Nursing and Paramedics programme.
- Professional experience in the given field – with special focus on nursing and paramedics, teaching experience.
- Capability of independent professional and research work including publishing activities
- Capability to actively participate at an international conference or professional seminar.
- Fluent English (spoken and written).
- Fluent Czech (spoken and written).
- Active approach, initiative, and willingness for further education.
- Moral integrity.
- Work in an inspiring intellectual environment with an emphasis on multidisciplinary cooperation
- Involvement in teaching in a participative and interactive educational skills lab
- Professional growth and the possibility of continuous education
- Employee benefits (8 weeks holiday, supplementary pension insurance, free vaccination against tick-borne encephalitis and more)
How to apply:
Send your application by the above-written deadline - please use the link in the Electronic Application section (see below).
Your application must include the following documents:
- motivation letter
- a structured CV
- an overview of scientific and publishing activities
- photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas
- recommendations by two professional guarantors
You will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt of your application by e-mail upon its successful submission. For more information, you can contact MSc. Adéla Pazderová via e-mail: email@example.com