Assistant Professor of the Department of Laboratory Methods
The Dean of Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, appoints a selection procedure for the position
Assistant Professor of the Department of Laboratory Methods at LF MU
The Department of Laboratory Methods is a workplace of Faculty of Medicine MU which carries out educational, scientific and research activities. In the field of education, it provides mainly practical training in medical and other health disciplines.
The scope of your work will be:
- participation in theoretical and practical teaching at the workplace
- preparation of the study and teaching materials
- involvement in research and development activities, including the publication and presentation of research results
- share in the organizational provision of research and pedagogical activities, incl. related administration
- Mgr/Ing/RNDr. Ph.D.; i.e. completed education in a laboratory-oriented doctoral study programme PLUS passing an examination from a common tribe at the same time as enrolment in preparation for specialised competence according to Act No. 96/2004 Coll. (non-medical health professions)
- Experience in one of the disciplines (clinical biochemistry, clinical haematology, immunohaematology and transfusion service, medical microbiology, immunology, pathology, medical genetics) gained in a clinical laboratory of a large type III hospital providing comprehensive diagnostic services
- Professional experience in the given field, teaching experience
- Capability of independent professional and research work including publishing activities
- Capability to actively participate at an international conference or professional seminar
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Fluent Czech (spoken and written)
- Proactive approach, initiative and willingness for further education
- Moral integrity
- As this is a part-time academic position, the applicant must have an existing employment relationship with one of the two university hospitals in Brno, the Masaryk Institute of Oncology or the CKTCH
- Work in an inspiring intellectual environment
- Professional growth and the possibility of continuous education
- Employee benefits (8 weeks holiday, supplementary pension insurance, free vaccination against tick-borne encephalitis and more)
How to apply:
Send your application by the above-written deadline. Please use the link in the Electronic Application section (see below).
Your application must include the following documents:
- a structured CV,
- an overview of scientific and publishing activities,
- photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas,
- contact information of at least two references (name, position, telephone number).
After successfully sending your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation by e-mail. We can provide you more information by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.