Associate Professor, Microbiology
- Full Time
- Continuing Appointment
- Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- Teaching and Research Position
The Department of Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology plays a significant role in teaching, the scholarship of teaching and learning, and research. The department has a vibrant and collaborative research culture covering areas such as microbial ecology and genomics, cardiovascular disease and stroke, cell and developmental biology, metabolic and mitochondrial diseases, musculoskeletal physiology, neuropharmacology, and neurophysiology.
About the position
La Trobe University is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join the Microbiology Discipline with a well-established research program preferably in immunity and bacterial host-pathogen interactions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to teach microbiology to undergraduate and postgraduate levels, provide guidance and mentorship to research students at the Honours and Postgraduate levels.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and leadership in curriculum development and teaching with a proven commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Record of attracting honours/research students and successful supervision.
- Evidence of effective contributions to leadership and management at the Department, School or University level.
- Strong record of publications, including papers in leading international journals and/or invited presentation at international conferences.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Tuesday 7th November 2023
Position Enquiries: Steve Petrovski via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description
- Shortlisted candidates for interview will be interviewed in early December
- Position Commencement is scheduled for 1st May 2024
Please scroll down to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
La Trobe University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We take an intersectional approach by actively supporting and encouraging people of all backgrounds and abilities to submit an application and aim to ensure that the recruitment and employee experience is as accessible and inclusive as possible. Flexibility in interview format will be offered to shortlisted candidates.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.