Research Assistant in Asia Research Institute
Asia Research Institute (ARI)
The Asia Research Institute (ARI) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is searching for an outstanding candidate to join our team as a Research Assistant.
This role is part of a Tier 2 Academic Research Fund grant from the Singapore Ministry of Education, titled ‘Capitals of the Future: Place, Power, and Possibility in Southeast Asia,’ and directed by Profs Daniel Goh (Principal Investigator) and Tim Bunnell (Co-Investigator). Our project is dedicated to exploring the complex interplay between imaginations of the future, urban planning dialogues, and the trajectories of urban development between Singapore, Nusantara (Indonesia), and Putrajaya (Malaysia).
Job Description & Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have a good degree and an M.A. or M.S. (or near completion) in either geography, sociology, public policy, urban planning, or their equivalents.
- Some travel may involve Indonesia or Malaysia, although the project will be based in Singapore.
- Candidates should demonstrate research experience in a relevant area of the humanities, social sciences, and urban studies in one or more of the countries in the project.
- The successful candidate will be involved in digital research, data collection, project management, writing and editing reports, publications, organizing workshops and webinars, and providing administrative support. In addition, familiarity with Qualitative Data Analysis software, specifically NVivo, would be highly advantageous.
The selected candidate will be offered a competitive monthly salary, commensurate with their qualifications and experience, for a fixed-term contract lasting 12 months. There is potential for contract renewal based on performance. This appointment will commence in January 2024 and conclude in December 2024. Furthermore, Singaporean citizens and permanent residents are entitled to central provident fund benefits.
To apply for this position, please compile the following documents into a single PDF file and attach it in the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) and a cover letter, which should not exceed 800 words. In the cover letter, please provide insights into your past research experiences and how they align with this research project. Applicants without cover letters will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants may be contacted for an interview, which could be conducted in person or via Zoom, depending on circumstances.
Informal inquiries may be directed to the Research Fellow, Dr. Priza Marendraputra, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 15 December 2023.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Asia Research Institute
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 22184