Research Assistant (Collaborative Data Trust)
Job Description Research Assistant (Collaborative Data Trust) - 11 Months
The RA will be hired to support the CODAT project by 1) maintaining the CODAT workstation as a system administrator, 2) ensuring its compliance with NUS IT, 3) providing support for events sponsored by the fund and 4) assistance with CODAT research projects. The duration of appointment will be 11 months.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience with system administration (Linux preferred, but not required if candidate is willing to learn).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Familiarity with quantitative research methods, data science tools, and machine learning techniques preferably in R and/or Python preferred.
1. Linux System Administration
- Install, configure, and maintain Linux servers and workstations.
- Set up user accounts to allow for remote SSH.
- Monitor system performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Conduct regular security and system updates.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues.
- Implement and manage backup, recovery, and data storage solutions.
2. NUS IT Compliance
- Engage with the National University of Singapore (NUS) IT Department to maintain compliance with required IT standards and policies.
- Collaborate with NUS IT for audits, assessments, and any infrastructure improvements.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest IT regulations, standards, and best practices associated with NUS.
3. Event Logistical Support
- Provide support during events, ensuring all IT infrastructure and resources are in place.
- Coordinate the setup, breakdown, and troubleshooting of IT equipment during events.
- Work with event planners to integrate technology needs into event schedules.
4. Web Development
- Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of company websites.
- Ensure websites are optimised, responsive, and user-friendly.
- Work with other departments to update web content and ensure accuracy.
5. Research Assistantship in Quantitative Projects
- Assist in various stages of quantitative research, from data collection to analysis.
- Use data science and machine learning techniques to process, analyze, and visualize data.
- Collaborate with lead researchers on data modeling, machine learning algorithms, and predictive analytics.
For full consideration, applicants must submit the following set of documents:
- Completed Personal Data Consent Form - http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/potentialhires/applicationprocess/NUS-Personal-Data-Consent-for-Job-Applicants.pdf
- Full CV; including academic and employment history, scholarships and awards received, degrees obtained, other study and research opportunities;
- Scanned copies of academic certifications
You may email directly to Dr Subhayan Mukerjee (email@example.com) for more information about the job.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Arts & Social Sciences
Department: Communications And New Media
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 22189