Work type: Full-time
Department: HKU Institute for Climate and Carbon Neutrality (47100)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Applications are invited for appointment as Post-doctoral Fellow in the Institute for Climate and Carbon Neutrality (Ref.: 522940), to commence as soon as possible for two years, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
The new HKU Institute for Climate and Carbon Neutrality (ICCN) is going to be an internationally leading platform for research, education and public engagement on climate science, impacts of climate change on ecosystems and people, and technologies and policies for climate change mitigation and adaptation. The Postdoctoral Fellow will play a critical role in ICCN’s inaugural research projects and have the unique opportunity of influencing the key stakeholders of climate policy.
- a Ph.D. degree in natural science or engineering, geography, remote sensing, GIS, public health, or a relevant discipline;
- a highly analytic and rigorously trained researcher;
- a demonstrated record of publishing academic research papers;
- an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- good interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- the ability to work on a tight schedule to meet project deadlines;
- self-motivated and the ability to work independently as well as in a multidisciplinary team; and
- familiarity with climate change issue and strong analytical abilities are appreciated
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will commence as soon as possible and continue until October 25, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.