University Assistant Predoctoral, Law
34 Faculty of Law
Startdate: 01.11.2023 | Working hours: 30 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc)
Limited until: 30.11.2024
Reference no.: 1378
Among the many good reasons to want to research and teach at the University of Vienna, there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for their continuous striving and curiosity in order to be able to be scientifically successful. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
Become part of our team!
The section for international law and international relations is one of Europe´s leading institutions dealing with core problems of international law. To support its team, the department is looking for a jurist, who is interested in international law questions. As this is a temporary position, the contract of employment is limited until 30.11.2024, but there is the opportunity for extension.
Your future tasks:
You actively participate in research, teaching & administration, which means:
- We expect you to finalize your dissertation agreement within 12-18 months.
- You participate in the writing of publications and academic articles.
- You have experience in editing and drafting of legal texts.
- You are supporting the editing of scientific publications.
- Yor are involved in the organisation of conferences, meetings and symposiums.
- You supervise students.
- You will supervise various moot courts offered by the department.
- You take on administrative tasks in research, teaching and administration.
- You participate in evaluation activities.
- You support the section in diverse administrative tasks.
- You show willingness to contribute in the correction of written exams (for example the FÜM I).
This is part of your personality:
- Completed Master's degree or Diploma, in law
- Expertise in International Law evidenced by your transcript of records
- Experience in the editing and drafting of legal texts
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills in the field of for example MS Office, Adobe Acrobat etc.
- Ability to work in a team
You have additional qualifications that can be an advantage for you, such as:
- Spezialization in international law
- Knowledge in International organisations
- Experience in Moot Courts
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Additional language skills
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible, family-friendly working hours, remote/hybrid and/or part-time work (upon agreement).
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 2,458 (30 hours) increases if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Short doctoral project proposal
- Degree certificates
- Via our job portal/Apply now - button
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 10/16/2023