Senior Scientist, Psychology
47 Faculty of Psychology
Working hours: 20 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc)
Limited until: permanent
Reference no.: 1243
Among the many reasons to research and teach at the University of Vienna there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for continuous striving for top international research and scientific excellence. At the same time they enjoy support and liberties that are not a given at other institutions. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of play:
The Faculty of Psychology at the University of Vienna comprises the Dean’s office, the StudyServiceCenter, four Departments and the Outpatient Unit for Research, Teaching and Practice.
The position to be filled as Senior Scientist and Head of the sub-unit for psychological assessment and counseling (“Test und Beratungsstelle”, TBST) is located at the Outpatient Unit for Research, Teaching and Practice. As an interface between research, practice, and teaching, the TBST offers families psychological assessment and counseling on issues of developmental and learning disorders, and performance related problems of children and adolescents. As responsible clinical psychologist, you will plan the asessment process, conduct psychological assessments (interviews, behavioral observations, tests, and questionnaires), give the families feedback, and advise them on the implementation of recommended measures. You will supervise bachelor and master students as well as post-graduates in their training to clinical psychologists. The assessment and counseling activities are accompanied by scientific research.
The Outpatient Unit for Research, Teaching and Practice also offers postgraduate education for clinical psychologists. It will be your task to develop offerings in the child-adolescent area and to recruit interesting lecturers for the program.
Your future tasks:
• Head of the TBST
- Psychological assessment of children and adolescents
- Psychological counseling of parents and care takers
- Guidance and supervision of bachelor and master students and postgraduates as clinical psychologists
- Planning of training workshops for postgraduate clinical psychologists
- Conducting accompanying scientific research
This is part of your personality:
This is part of your profile:
- Doctoral degree/ PhD in psychology
- Registration as a clinical psychologist at the Austrian Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection
- Teaching experience
- Professional experience as a clinical psychologist at a psychological institution focusing on child and adolescent psychological assessment
- Very good German language skills
Desirable qualifications are:
- Specialization as child, adolescent, and family psychologist
- Subject-relevant scientific publications
- Independent, self-reliant working style
- High social and communicative competence
What we offer:
The employment duration is 3 years.
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible working hours, remote/hybrid (upon agreement).
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fixed-term contract and fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 4,351.90 (14 times a year for senior scientists postdoctoral, full-time employment) increases, if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- With your letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages)
- With your academic and professional curriculum vitae (including previous professional experience, a list of courses taught, a list of publications if applicable)
- Contact details of two persons who could provide reference letters
- Degree certificates
- Via our job portal / Apply now – button
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 10/23/2023
(Senior) Lecturer & Researcher
More searches like this
- Psychology Academic Posts Austria jobs in Homeworking
- Psychology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors Austria jobs in Homeworking
- Psychology Postdocs Austria jobs in Homeworking
- Psychology Research Related Austria jobs in Homeworking
- Psychology Other Research Related Austria jobs in Homeworking