Financial Analyst (Investment Operations)
The Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting with financial planning and budgeting processes, analyzing financial statements and reports, developing financial models, preparing projections, and performing research/analysis as may be required by the management.
Market and Industry Analysis:
- Work on gathering data, analyzing, and reporting on the state of existing investments and the total portfolio.
- Assist team members with investment analysis, including research on investment organizations, people, investment strategies, and geographical markets, as well as specific companies and portfolios of companies, industries, and investment structures.
- Make contributions to written investment analyses that demonstrate curiosity, rigor, thoroughness, and creativity.
- Supporting the operations of the endowment, including assisting with managing and organizing data and notes.
- Various other custom research and analytical projects focused on the overall Endowment portfolio, specific managers, and asset classes.
- Collaborate with the key constituents at University, including staff, faculty, and student groups.
- Provide meaningful, actionable analysis in support of investment decisions across a broad range of topics.
Due Diligence and Evaluation:
- Prepare for and participate in due diligence meetings with current and prospective investment managers.
- Keep updated with all aspects of due diligence on new investments (business analysis, industry thesis, competitive landscape, business/pricing model, detailed financial analysis and financial modeling / deal structuring)
- Ensure compliance with regulations and reporting requirements
- Coordinate the correction of account balances, resolve funding issues and maintains proper accounting controls and procedures.
- Develop all types of financial model including financial projections, valuations and other equity valuation models
- Prepare feasibility studies for new projects / brands
- Coordinate major financial reporting and budgeting activities.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly variance analysis of operating results and coordinates the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial forecasts.
- Read/review business plans and pitch decks
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc.) taking into account Institution’s goals and financial standing
- Identify trends, advise and recommend actions to a senior financial analyst based on sound analysis
- Conduct ad-hoc financial analysis as and when requested by the Management
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A Bachelor's degree in business or finance, CFA or MBA/MSc is preferable.
- The FMVA (Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst) certification, or an equivalent, would be valued
- Expats: A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
Experience in investment banking, deal advisory within a Big 4 firm or well-reputed Consulting Firms is strongly appreciated.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Type: Full-time