Senior Marketing, Communications & Events Officer
Salary: £30,627 - £37,500, inclusive of London Weighting. Dependent on experience
Hours of Work: 35 Nominal Weekly hours. We actively encourage agile/flexible working in line with the delivery requirements of each of our roles. This role requires attendance to our Canada Water Campus between 2 and 3 times a week
Responsible to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Primary Place of Work: Canada Water, London
Ideal Start Date: November 2023
TEDI-London is an innovative new Higher Education institution in London wholly focused on engineering. It is co-founded by Arizona State University, Kings College London, and UNSW Sydney.
TEDI-London’s vision is to transform engineering education to transform lives – both for students and for the users of the products they design and make.
Our mission is to attract and empower individuals and partners from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to develop the skills and confidence to create practical real-world solutions that advance how we live as a global community.
We will inspire, disrupt and transform.
Our values underpin our culture, ethical focus and approach to decision making. You will be able to act as a role model and champion our values along with all colleagues within TEDI-London, facilitating collegiate challenge and open discussion to ensure we continue to do so all of the time.
Working as part of a small team, you will work across a range of marketing, communications, and events projects in support of the TEDI-London Strategic Plan. Reporting into the Marketing and Communications Manager and working closely with colleagues across TEDI-London, this role will lead on content development across multiple channels for a variety of audiences.
- Support the development and delivery of engaging marcomms for a wide range of audiences including prospective students, applicants and teachers.
- Develop and deliver a content strategy to bring the TEDI-London brand to life across the full marketing channel mix (including website, print, social media, and email) in support of student recruitment objectives.
- Lead on news and blog research and copywriting – working across the organisation and externally to source and develop news and content that enhances and develops TEDI-London’s reputation and public profile.
- Manage the TEDI-London Open Day event programme end-to-end, ensuring effective planning and on-the-day delivery of each event, collaborating with stakeholders (staff and student ambassadors) across the organisation to organise, implement, and review.
- Work collaboratively across the institute to assist in the delivery of discrete on-campus events related to brand and/or student recruitment.
- Lead the communications for external corporate partners (including press and media, community stakeholders and partners).
- Be the first point of contact for external press media enquiries and relations. Lead on ad-hoc, proactive press writing and distribution for appropriate organisational news and announcements. Report on effectiveness through regular monitoring/evaluation of media activity.
- Produce content and assets (video and photography) for TEDI-London’s organic social media channels, working with staff and student stakeholders to plan and develop content as required. Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Manager on regular ideation and to organise and implement the overall content calendar.
- Use analytics (Google Analytics, social media, Dynamics, press tracking) to measure the impact and provide insights for improvement across all activities.
- Assist with the briefing and management of external agency partners (for projects including video production and design) ensuring that agreed deliverables are achieved.
- Make effective use of the CRM system to disseminate and evaluate communications performance.
- Deputise for the Marketing & Communications Manager as necessary.
- You are likely to have a degree, or equivalent.
- Proven track record working across marketing communications and events.
- Experience of working in Higher Education and/or youth marketing or student recruitment
- Experience of successfully planning and managing events end-to-end
- Skilled copywriter, efficient at creating and adapting written content for different audiences and channels
- Proven ability with creating compelling content (copy, imagery, video) for a variety of digital marketing and communications channels – website, CRM email marketing, news and blog writing and social media
- Confident in engaging multiple stakeholders across a complex organisation, with an ability to adjust approach and manner accordingly
- Experience of briefing suppliers
- Experience of using data and of producing reports to aid strategic decision making
- Excellent organisational and time management skills; able to deal with unexpected events and change with minimum fuss
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and willing to demonstrate independence of thought and action when required
- Innovative and creative mindset with a keen eye for detail and proactive approach to capturing stories
- Strong IT skills
- Relish working closely with team members and enjoy true collaborative working
- Passion for the student experience and engineering
- Experience of using Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat etc)
- Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM
- Experience of working with students to create content
- Experience in STEM-related communications
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking 'Apply' where you will be guided to send your CV and a supporting statement explaining how you meet the essential criteria in the person specification.
This role closes at 23:59 on Sunday 15th October 2023. Shortlisting will take place week commencing Monday 16th October 2023 with the interviews taking place week commencing 23rd October 2023.