Senior Lecturer (Medical Coordinator)
- Based in Kalgoorlie in regional Western Australia
- Part time 0.9 FTE on a fixed term appointment until end of December 2024. This appointment can be multiple 0.2 FTE or 0.3 FTE appointments with 0.2 FTE being the lowest possibility.
- Salary range: Level C, $132,381 - $152,279 p.a. plus clinical loading and rural and remote allowance and superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Rural Clinical School of Western Australia (RCSWA) is a unit within the UWA Medical School, which provides rural clinical training for WA medical students. The RCSWA spans a breadth of some 3,500kms across multiple sites in WA in order to provide a positive rural educational experience, increase the quantity and quality of the rural workforce and in turn improve health outcomes in rural and remote Australia. The RCSWA is committed to providing quality teaching, research, professional development and clinical service in rural and remote settings.
About the opportunity
As the appointee, you will have the responsibility to assist with organising and teaching of RCSWA students. You can also be supported to develop in other academic areas (research, service, further clinical skills) depending on their interests.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Registered, or able to be registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Medical Practitioner
- Committed to working in medical practice in rural WA
- Available to work in the respective RCSWA site and the ability to network with rural practitioners in the region
- Experience as a preceptor and/or supervisor of medical students and/or junior doctors or registrars
- Effective organisational, communication and negotiation skills.
- A commitment to the principles and practice of Indigenous health in rural and regional areas
- Practice medicine in rural WA
- A commitment to rural medical education and to improving rural medical workforce
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying: PD - Medical Coordinator.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
You may also submit an additional statement (1 page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 pm AWST on Friday, 13 October 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Rhonda Worthington at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.