Research Assistant (Cardiovascular-Metabolic Disease Translational Research Programme)
NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Department of Medicine is seeking a highly motivated, passionate individual to join our team. The incumbent will play a vital role in providing efficient and timely clinical research and administrative support for faculty members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to DSRB/IRB application process, support ethics and regulatory related administrative work including DSRB/IRB and HSA applications
- Coordinate training requirements and documentation
- Ensure study file set up, documentation and maintenance, including investigator files and logs
- Conduct subject pre-screening, assist with informed consent, adverse event reporting, and follow-up activities with regulatory bodies
- Coordinate subject visits and manage study execution, including collection of study questionnaires, measurement of physiology parameters, and collection of non-invasive images
- Maintain study database.
- Monitor studies ensuring compliance with institutional guidelines, HBRA, and GCP.
- Assist with study closure including archiving of study records (medical records, study documents, investigator files, subject files etc.), post-study audits/ inspections and monitoring.
- Participate and present updates in study related meetings.
- Take minutes of meetings for vetting.
- Generate study progress reports as required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with participant recruitment for research studies, including consent taking, filing and ensuring studies are conducted in compliance with necessary regulatory guidelines
- Purchasing products and services where necessary, including preparing recommendation reports, track orders and ensure timely delivery, and keeping records of purchases.
- Assist overall day-to-day administrative activities for Research Programme
- Assist Admin Lead with CVD TRP website maintenance and update.
- Assist to prepare and edit reports, presentations and other documents.
- Assist Admin Lead with secretariat functions to arrange and coordinate Programme’s events or meetings, including creating and distribution of meeting minutes, preparing facilities for scheduled meetings and arranging refreshments, if required.
- And any other roles assigned by the reporting officer.
- Bachelor in a related discipline in the Biomedical/Life Sciences with a minimum 1 year of experience
- Some experience working in/with a clinical research or healthcare industry
- Able to converse in local languages is a plus as you may be required to converse with patients who only speak their mother tongue
- Sound written and verbal communications skills
- Possess maturity and good interpersonal skills
- Independent and good team player
- Self-driven, meticulous, and organized and strong organisational skills
- Relevant experience with managing large projects, lead facilitation of group meetings and managing budgets will be an advantage
- Good proficiency in MS Office applications such as PowerPoint, Excel
- Have a strong interest to interact with a wide variety of people
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 22176