Technische*r Laborassistent*in Großgerät
52 Faculty of Chemistry
Startdate: 15.10.2023 | Working hours: 40 | Collective bargaining agreement: §54 VwGr. IIIb
Limited until: 14.09.2024
Reference no.: 1334
If you love to work in the lab, preferably on meaningful projects, then welcome to the team! Because we employ personalities who want to do something meaningful for society with their work. In a place where exchange is successful, with the necessary freedom, professionalism and hig self-demand.
Your personal sphere of influence:
As a Technical Laboratory Assistant your will support the working group around Prof. Robert Ahrends and perform all tasks independently. The working group of Prof. Ahrends is engaged in method development for the quantitaive analysis of lipids and metabolites. We appreciate a working environment characterized by open cooperation, high internationality, excellent research and great diversity.
Your future tasks:
- Technical support of large-scale equipment, IT infrastructure and laboratory organization.
- Monitoring of standards and chemicals, analog and digital (e.g. solvents, chemicals, reference materials and standards)
- Monitoring of the laboratory and infrastructure for function and cleanliness
- Updating of documents of the daily laboratory routine (SOPs, workplace descriptions)
- Inventory work
- Management of the inventory
- Leadership and support in the daily laboratory routine by working on projects (e.g. BCA assay, extractions, purifications, calibrations, cells)
- Maintenance of databases (e.g.LipidCompass)
- Maintenance of the homepage/IT infrastructure
- Measurement data preparation and documentation
- Assistance at symposia and congresses (e.g. presentation of latest research results and methods)
- Management of internal presentations
- Literature research
This is part of your personality:
- You have several years of professional experience as a technical laboratory assistant.
- You have completed a general/vocational secondary or higher school/study in biology, chemistry or biochemistry or you have an apprenticeship and a lot of practice.
- You bring knowledge in the field of analytical chemistry.
- You have knowledge in the field of separation technology, mass spectrometry, IT.
- You bring knowledge of sample preparation of proteins and lipids and their chemistry.
- Basic knowledge of databases.
- Knowledge and experience in the analysis of large data sets.
- You bring excellent MS Office skills (esp. Excel and Power Point).
- You are proficient in English and German (level B2 or higher).
Your special working style: You like to work independently and in a structured way, you are service-oriented and like to find solutions. You are a team player and have high social and communication skills.
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible, family-friendly working hours, remote/hybrid (upon agreement).
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are part of a committed team with diverse university backgrounds in a relaxed work environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 2709,60, increases if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It’s that easy to apply:
- With your CV / letter of motivation
- Leaving certificate
- Via our job portal / apply button
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 10/13/2023
Laboratory & Technology