Department Head, Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Department: Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline: 25 Oct 2023
Start date: Upon agreement
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling
The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the position a Department Head for:
Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation (m/f)
Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation is an educational and research workplace of the Faculty of Medicine of MU. It provides teaching of the bachelor's degree programme Physiotherapy, the follow-up master's degree programme Applied Physiotherapy and teaching of selected subjects in the study programme General Medicine.
The Head of the Department will be responsible for the management of the operation and economy of the Department, undergraduate student education, postgraduate studies and lifelong learning, publishing activities and coordination of the scientific research activities of the Department. During the selection process, the candidate for the Head of Department will present his/her vision of how to achieve the above.
Requirements for a declared position:
- University degree in a medical or related field with a focus on physiotherapy and rehabilitation;
- academic degree of Ph.D. or scientific rank of CSc.;
- habilitation within the meaning of the Higher Education Act, as amended, or the assumption of its imminent attainment (within 1-3 years);
- personal and professional qualifications to manage the academic team of the department;
- teaching experience and readiness to guarantee the professional subjects taught in the workplace;
- active research and publication activity;
- moral and civic integrity;
- fulfilment of the prerequisites according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the so-called Lustration Act); persons born after 1 December 1971 and foreign applicants do not have to provide proof.
- work in an inspiring intellectual environment with an emphasis on multidisciplinary collaboration;
- work in a top medical and educational workplace, and participate in teaching in a unique simulation centre;
- education and professional development opportunities;
- interesting salary conditions and employee benefits.
The application, accompanied by the following documents:
- structured CV,
- overview of scientific and publishing activities,
- contact details of two people to obtain references (name, position, telephone number),
- photocopies of evidence of qualifications (not required for internal applicants),
- Criminal record extract (max three months old),
- a certificate according to Act 451/1991 Coll. (the so-called Lustration Act; persons born after 1 December 1971 and foreign applicants do not have to provide proof),
should be sent to the HR department of the Faculty of Medicine of MU through e-Application (see below).
For more information, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org