Residences Out of Hours and Life Assistant Manager
Location: Halls - Glen Eyre
Salary: £29,605 to £33,966 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 16 October 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Salary: £29,605 to £33,966 per annum + Shift Allowance
Residences manage a diverse portfolio of properties and offer accommodation to c.6,500 students per year. We are going through an exciting time at the minute, growing our team to provide more support to students out of hours and improving their experience within University accommodation.
We are recruiting for a Residences Out of Hours and Life Assistant Manager.
The main responsibilities of these roles include:
- To respond to large incidents within the Accommodation out of hours, this includes but is not limited to large maintenance issues, issues with student conduct, and emergency services on site.
- To support a harmonious environment in halls, dealing with discipline issues and low level conflict between residents
- To oversee the Student Life Cycle, including the Student Engagement events and campaigns within the Halls of Residences
- Be a point of escalation for other night teams working across the University including our Security teams, Student Hub and Student Wellbeing team.
- To manage and develop the contract security team working out of hours within the accommodation.
If you have experience in out of hours in a Residential setting or equivalent, at scale and across a diverse portfolio, we want to hear from you.
This role will be working out of hours therefore the post holder needs to:
- Work on a rotational basis working 4 nights on, 4 nights off
- Work an 8pm-8am shift pattern
- Be based at Glen Eyre or Mayflower halls but have the ability to travel to any halls location during their shift.
If you would like more information about the recruitment process, please email email@example.com, quoting the vacancy reference number in the subject line of your message. If you would like to understand more about the role, please contact Hannah Persaud at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Working at the University of Southampton:
Check out the staff benefits and why you should join us at The University of Southampton!