School of Education and Social Sciences
Senior Lecturer in Psychology
Salary: AC4 £56,021 - £64,914 per annum
Full time, Permanent
THE POST – Senior Lecturer in Psychology – REF069
As a Senior Lecturer in Psychology, you will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. The post holder will be a part of a leadership group implementing significant learning and teaching innovation and curriculum renewal across our portfolio and research and innovation projects to meet our ambitions.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership, enthusiasm, and a creative approach to implementing research and educational projects more widely across the Division and School
- Assisting the Division in expanding its impact by linking UWS Psychology to their distributed network of academic and external stakeholder networks that will build our practices to match the institution's vision for research, innovation and excellent student experience
- The preparation and management of a local budget, and allocation of resources to the various areas as set out in the research and innovation plan
- Contribution to a broader range of administrative tasks within the School/Unit, e.g., course development, assessment exercises, examinations, recruitment, and management of resources.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- PhD or equivalent professional qualifications and experience
- Experience of leading the delivery of initiatives in learning and teaching development
- Experience of leading the delivery of initiatives in research and innovation development.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management experience in a university setting and developed creative solutions to overcome challenges.
- Experience of collaboration on large-scale projects and working with project management teams.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Education & Social Sciences at UWS combines sector-leading education provision with strong social science teaching and research expertise in the west of Scotland and beyond. You will join a supportive and committed team, playing a crucial role in the School’s commitment to social justice and making a difference locally, nationally and internationally. Our students benefit from innovative, practice-focused and research-informed courses, and deep-rooted partnerships with leading organisations across the world.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- An additional day off on your birthday
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
For general enquiries in regard to the position please contact Chris O’Donnell via email@example.com
To request a job description please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this role please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting your key skills and experience that are relevant to the role.
Closing Date: 23rd October 2023
Interview Date: 3rd November 2023
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.