As a Research Assistant specializing in Computer Science, you will play a vital role in supporting ongoing research projects within the field. You will work closely with a team of researchers, professors, and fellow assistants to contribute to the advancement of knowledge and innovation in computer science. Your responsibilities will include conducting literature reviews, collecting and analyzing data, developing software prototypes, and assisting in various research-related activities. This role offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in cutting-edge computer science research while contributing to the academic community.
Data Collection and Analysis: Gather and organize data from various sources, such as experiments, surveys, or existing datasets. Employ appropriate statistical and data analysis techniques to extract meaningful insights and draw conclusions. Document findings and assist in preparing research reports.
Software Development: Collaborate with researchers to develop software prototypes, tools, or algorithms that contribute to the research project's objectives. Implement, test, and refine software solutions using programming languages and relevant frameworks.
Experiment Design and Execution: Assist in designing and setting up experiments, including selecting appropriate methodologies, equipment, and software tools. Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze experimental data, ensuring adherence to research protocols and ethical guidelines.
Technical Support: Provide technical assistance to fellow researchers and graduate students involved in the project. Troubleshoot software and hardware issues, contribute to the maintenance of research infrastructure, and assist in setting up research environments.
Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate effectively with other team members, including researchers, faculty, and fellow research assistants. Participate in regular meetings, discussions, and brainstorming sessions. Communicate research progress, findings, and challenges through oral presentations, written reports, and other mediums.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, Java, C++, or others relevant to the research area.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies, version control systems, and software testing.
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques and statistical packages (e.g., R, MATLAB, or Python libraries like NumPy, Pandas).
- Familiarity with research methodologies, experimental design, and data collection techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for collaborating with team members.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines.
- Passion for computer science research and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and concepts.
Note: The specific responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on the research project and the institution or organization where the position is based.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Computing
Department: Department of Computer Science
Job requisition ID: 21798