Research Assistant (MACC) - SINGER Study Operation
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant (MACC) – SINGER Study Operation in the Department of Pharmacology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
Our academic and research staff have outstanding research publication and grant funding track records in research areas such as cancer pharmacology, neuropharmacology, immunopharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and drug discovery and development. Pharmacology is the anchoring department for the Drug Discovery and Optimisation Platform (DDOP), Memory Aging Cognitive Centre (MACC) at NUHS, and the NUS Neuroscience Phenotyping Core (NPC). The Department also has a strong presence in University-level research institutes including the Cancer Science Institute (CSI), and the Life Sciences Institute (LSI) Neuroscience and Immunology Programs.
More information on the department is available at www.macc.sg
Appointments will be made on a 1 year- contract basis with option to renew.
Purpose of the post
To assist investigators in conducting a large-scale lifestyle intervention study according to study protocol, Singapore Guideline for Good Clinical Practice (SGGCP) and other applicable regulatory and ethical requirements as well as institutional policies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Research patient/Subjects Management
- Gate keeping of the recruitment progress. Assist investigators in the screening and recruitment of potential patients/healthy volunteers as according to trial protocol.
- Assist investigators in obtaining informed consent
- Maintain and update screening log & enrolment logs
- Schedule appointments for patients/subjects
- Perform delegated procedures as required according to trial/study protocol
- Ensure patients’/subjects’ compliance to trial medication / intervention
- Label and dispatch specimens to the relevant laboratory as per condition specified in the trial protocol
Research Patient/Subjects Management
- Label and store specimens in the condition as specified in the trial protocol
- Trace laboratory and diagnostic reports (if any)
- Assist the investigator(s) in adverse events / serious adverse events reporting
- Perform high quality data collection through data collection forms or tools; Handle data entry and validation of study data
- Maintain confidentiality on subjects and study data
Clinical Trial Administration
- Plan, organise and co-ordinate routine trial study activities workflow (i.e setting up recruitment strategies and material & etc)
- Provide effective updates to the stakeholder on the work done
- Liaise with the relevant departments for logistic and finances related matters
- Document and tabulate financial payments received and / or made to support the study
- Up keeping study materials including procurement and inventory tracking.
- Maintain Investigator Site File, tracking logs and ensure that all study documents are complete and up to date
- Attend trial-related initiation, close-up and other trial related meetings
Secondary Responsibilities and Duties (20%)
- Perform administrative duties and ad-hoc project as assigned by the Director/Manager
- Degree in life sciences, nursing, or equivalent; candidate with medicine background will be of advantage.
- Able to work independently and meticulously
- Good written and communication skills. Besides English, well-verse in Mandarin is a must as our study subjects are elderlies and a big portion of them can only speak Mandarin. Other common Chinese dialects will be an added advantage.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work on weekends (if needed. i.e for outreach event)
- Team player
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Dr Yap Kwong Hsia at email@example.com
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 16544