Research Assistant, Centre for Green Healthcare
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a highly motivated Research Assistant in implementation research projects in the Centre for Green Healthcare, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The Centre for Green Healthcare is newly set up to drive research, education and advocacy for transforming healthcare practices to be low-carbon and more environmentally sustainable. Appointments will be made on a 12-month contract basis in the first instance with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator (PI) and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the projects on time. The RA’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as recruitment, data collection, data entry and analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will provide research and administrative support to new and ongoing studies and will:
- Engage in a variety of research-related and administrative activities including literature searches and reviewing, preparation of research materials, participant recruitment and scheduling, on-site data collection, data entry and data management;
- Conduct and transcribe interviews, perform study measurements and behavioural observations in accordance with the highest of research standards, under supervision by research team members;
- Contribute to the preparation of research reports, papers and other publications as required;
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator, research team, and relevant stakeholders including visiting faculty, senior hospital leaders, clinicians, allied health and administrators;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the projects, such as organising regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other research team members and collaborators;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures; and
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in nursing/medicine or related disciplines (e.g. Psychology, Behavioural Science, Health Sciences and Environmental Sciences);
- Have a keen interest in sustainability, behavioural sciences and/or health services;
- Be a team player with an ability to work independently;
- Be resourceful, adaptable and meticulous;
- Be willing to undertake further training in relevant data collection procedures;
- Have excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS office and PowerPoint; and
- Experience in qualitative research, implementation research or applied anthropological research is an asset for this position.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Dr Amanda Zain at email@example.com.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations) and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19789