Senior Lecturer Chan Kiat Hwa is seeking a Research Assistant to perform research on the topic of scientific and historical investigation of archeological ceramics.
This is a 1-year contract role, starting in October 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Archival research on history of ceramic or clay artefacts.
- Calibration and operation of scanning electron microscope, UV/visible spectrometer, infrared spectrometer, and other analytical instruments.
- Assist with writing proposals to obtain additional data as necessary.
- Writing results for publication in peer-reviewed art-science journals.
- Presentation of results at international conferences.
- Designing a course at the interface of art and science.
- Bachelor degree in history and/or chemistry, or related subject by the start of the appointment.
- Experience working on art history projects.
- Experience working with chemistry instruments.
- Knowledge related to course development at the interface of art and science.
For full consideration, please submit the following materials to Dr. Chan Kiat Hwa via email at email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcript
I understand that by sharing my personal data with NUS College, I authorise its use for the purposes of this application.
Contact for queries:
If you have any queries, please email Dr. Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department: NUS College