Senior Lecturer / Lecturer (BISI)
Centre for Behavioural and Implementation Science Interventions (BISI)
The Centre for Behavioural and Implementation Science Interventions (BISI) is a new centre that aims to improve population health and well-being by accelerating evidence-based practice through the use of behavioural and implementation science.
The NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (NUS Medicine) is recruiting a Senior Lecturer/Lecturer to work at the Centre for Behavioural and Implementation Science Interventions (BISI).
The recruited faculty members will hold their primary appointment at NUS Medicine. The level of appointment will be at Senior Lecturer or Lecturer and commensurate with the candidate’s experience and track record in education leadership, delivery and research. The recruitment package will include an attractive salary and office space.
The successful candidate is expected to work closely with the BISI Academic Director, Professor Nick Sevdalis, and the Centre’s leadership team to formulate plans for the further development and delivery of the educational and capacity building mission of the BISI Centre, with the ultimate aim to achieve global prominence as a capacity building centre in the areas of implementation and behavioural sciences applied to healthcare.
The successful candidate will be supported to lead or to contribute to a vibrant education team hosted within BISI and also develop a portfolio of educational research and evaluation activities. The candidate’s role, will include curriculum design, delivery and evaluation for undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing professional education across a range of course modalities – including MSc-level taught courses, short courses and masterclasses and executive education.
- Building expertise on and keep abreast of current research in behavioural and implementation science in healthcare;
- Work with the centre directors and other colleagues on the design, development and implementation of undergraduate and post-graduate educational activities relating to behavioural and implementation sciences in healthcare. This will include:
- Curriculum design and development of teaching learning materials;
- Web-based learning integration;
- Conducting in-person and remote training and/or trainer evaluation;
- Preparing training packages for external institutions and in-house staff training workshops/courses;
- Soliciting internal and external peer review of learning materials developed;
- Refining learning materials based on peer reviews, research, other feedback and observations;
- Review and research effectiveness and impact of learning activities and disseminate findings in academic conferences and peer-reviewed educational and/or specialist academic journals of the field.
- Communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, internal and external, regarding the Centre’s educational activities and impacts;
- Perform other related duties incidental to this job description.
- A PhD in a relevant discipline with commensurate teaching experience
- Prior experience in educational approaches and training courses at undergraduate/ graduate level will be advantageous;
- Experience in curriculum design will be advantageous;
- Track record of publications/presentations in international or national scientific conferences, including in the area of medical and health professions education.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team, including with clinician and scientist colleagues and students;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent teaching and teaching management skills
- Knowledge of use of educational software;
- Ability to work independently to manage academic and associated activities, including the ability to work towards deadlines;
- Ability to communicate concepts and methods clearly and concisely.