Head of School - The Design School
HEAD OF SCHOOL, THE DESIGN SCHOOL
Taylor’s University has established itself as a world-class university, with a QS Ranking of the top 50 in Asia, and the top private university in Malaysia and Southeast Asia. It is a modern and progressive university, well respected in Malaysia and often considered a benchmark for other private higher education providers.
The Design School at Taylor’s University is ranked in the top 100 in the world for Arts and Design by QS World University Ranking by Subject 2023. The Design School focuses on how to understand consumers’ needs and behaviours, challenge conventions and think outside the box across various design and creative media disciplines; spatial design, graphic design, new media design, animation, visual effects and entertainment design.
- Ensuring the provision of high standards and quality of teaching and learning by the school academic team that satisfies the expectations of various parties such as students, employers, senior management, accreditation agency and professional bodies.
- Act as a representative of the School within the Faculty, the University’s Senate and other important Committees within the University.
- Work closely with all members of the Faculty Board to ensure the development and execution of the strategy.
- Responsible for all research initiatives in the school and work closely with the Impact labs Directors. The HOS will need to ensure that the subject ranking of the school continues to improve.
- A doctorate degree. An international academic profile in the discipline of Arts and Design or related fields.
- Minimum of three years of experience in an academic leadership role. Proven track record of meeting extremely high standards for student achievement;
- Extensive knowledge in the area of Arts and Design (i.e Creative Multimedia, Graphic Design, Interior Spatial Design, Fashion Design, etc) and a good understanding of the future trends in these areas.
- Highly developed people management skills with a strong team focus and exceptional leadership skills in enhancing research quality within the School and engage with professional bodies, government and industry to craft research programs, gain external research funding Demonstrate management experience and commercial business skills
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Successful candidates can expect an attractive remuneration package from Taylor’s University that offers a broad range of fringe benefits such as a competitive remuneration, flexible working hours, medical coverage, education subsidy plus a conducive work environment.
Interested candidates who wish to join our team are invited to send in their application before 15th October 2023 to Ms. Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org