Teaching Associate - English Language - China Queen's College
Job reference: 23/111298
Date posted: 25/09/2023
Application closing date: 06/11/2023
Salary: £37,841 - £45,148 per annum
Job category/type: Academic
China Medical University - Queen’s University of Belfast Joint College (CQC) was established in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) through a long-standing friendship between Queen’s School of Pharmacy and the China Medical University (CMU), one of the foremost medical universities in China. CQC is a College that has the full approval from the China Ministry of Education (MoE) and was created in accordance with the MoE ‘Cooperation in Running Schools’ (CIRS) Regulations. The first students graduated from CQC in July 2018, with many opportunities thereafter for CQC graduates to enter onto postgraduate courses at Queen’s Schools in Belfast.
The School of Pharmacy at China Queen’s College, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Teaching Associate – English Language. The postholder will provide English Language instruction to students at China Queen’s College.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject.
- Hold a recognised ELT/EAP teaching qualification (DELTA/PGCE TESOL or equivalent).
- Experience of teaching and assessing ELT and/or EAP students at a range of levels in higher education contexts or similar, in the UK or abroad.
- Experience of development and delivery of effective online learning resources, preferably in the EAP context.
- Requirement to be based at and work at China Queen’s College in Shenyang, China.
- Eligible to obtain a work permit or other documentation required for entry into China.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries to Dr Ye Gi at firstname.lastname@example.org.