Job reference: 23/111301
Date posted: 25/09/2023
Application closing date: 09/10/2023
Salary: £37,841 per annum
Job category/type: Research
The School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow to conduct research in the field of hydrogen supply chain analysis at the Wright Technology and Research Centre (W-Tech) at Queen’s University Belfast.
As part of the Centre, the researcher will support ongoing research activity in a largescale Advanced Propulsion Centre funded research programme, aimed at exploring approaches to the modelling of the hydrogen supply chain suitable for adoption in the bus sector. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work in an industry-academic blended team developing methods suitable for rapid adoption into industry and being part of the transition to net-zero in city centres across the UK.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Or be about to obtain, a PhD in Automotive, Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Electronic, Physics, Applied Mathematics or a related discipline.
- A first or upper second degree or equivalent.
- Relevant, recent research experience in supply chain, chain analysis, hydrogen production technologies, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage your own research and to plan research activities effectively.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term post, availble until 30 November 2024. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Katie Mulholland at Katie.Mulholland@qub.ac.uk
Attractive Reward Package
About the School
Information for International Applicants