Team Leader, East Precinct (IT Field Services)
Division: Information Technology Services
Classification: ANU Officer 8 (IT)
Salary package: $107,263 to 114,700 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full Time, Ongoing
Location: Canberra / ACT
Looking for the next step in your career? Want to show how you manage a high performing technical team? The Team Leader, East Precinct provides a pivotal role in Service Delivery operations for ITS. This position runs a team that provides onsite support for a large part of the ANU Acton campus as well as providing information and advice to management about how the Precinct is performing.
The Team Leader, East Precinct under the broad direction of the Manager, Service Precincts, provides high level advice, reports, operational leadership and management of day to day support operations for a large part of the ANU Acton campus. The University is looking for someone with superior technical and leadership skills to run a team that provides high level technical support for a diverse range of clients. This person will be the first escalation point for issues raised by VIP clients and a conduit to management on pressing issues identified in that space. Awareness of the environment, discretion and an understanding of customer service is a fast paced environment is essential.
ANU is home to some of the most remarkable people from across the world: visionaries, influential leaders, researchers and advocates creating impact and change nationally, regionally and globally.
ANU attracts exceptional staff and students and, through education and enrichment programs, helps them to achieve ambitious goals, and pursue brilliant careers. Ranked in the top 30 universities globally, the first Australian university to be recognised in this elite tier, ANU continues to be an academic resource for the whole of Australia.
About ITS: Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers digital solutions that enable the Australian National University to achieve its strategic goals: a student experience equal to the world’s best, and research that transforms society and creates national capability. ITS has responsibility for the University’s digital ecosystem and is leading the delivery of the Digital Master Plan, a 10-year strategic roadmap for the transformation of the University’s digital capability.
Digital Transformation: We have released our ANU 2025 Strategy, and our Digital Master Plan, which will see ANU embark on the biggest digital transformation in our history. A transformation that matches our national and global mission. Our digital future will transform the experience of ANU for our students, researchers, academics, professional staff and the wider community and we are seeking great people to be a part of this history making journey. Click here to learn more.
What we can offer you
Our staff enjoy some amazing employee benefits including:
- ANU offers competitive remuneration packages including 17% superannuation and regular increases.
- We support flexible, hybrid working arrangements, with access to our beautiful, green campus and working remotely.
- We value your work life balance, with standard 7-hour work days, paid December shut-down period, purchase leave, cultural leave, part-time and job-sharing opportunities, compressed working weeks, and flexible times of work.
- We offer discounted study, with 75% off ANU courses for staff and 25% for your spouse and children (see eligibility).
- We have many professional development initiatives including training, mentoring & upskilling opportunities.
- We are one of the leading employers in Australia for parental leave entitlements. We offer generous paid parental leave entitlements for up to 32 weeks.
- We have on-site Gyms with staff discounts as well as oval spaces and ANU sports clubs.
- We are a family friendly campus with access to childcare facilities, designated parent rooms and quiet spaces.
- ANU offers salary sacrificing benefits including laptops, childcare, novated car leasing, additional superannuation, and more!
- We offer affordable onsite parking from $34 / fortnight with salary sacrificing options.
- ANU has a supporting, challenging and motivating culture.
- We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all backgrounds and identities.
- We care about your wellbeing, with access to additional leave, the Employee Assistance Program, vaccinations and health insurance plan options.
For further information please contact Phil Drury, Manager, Service Precincts, Information Technology Services, T: +61 2 6125 4166 E: email@example.com
ANU is committed to workforce diversity, creating an inclusive workplace, and providing equal employment opportunities to people with diverse backgrounds and identities. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as LGBTQIA+ are particularly encouraged to apply. Click here to learn more.
Our Vision: Support the development of national unity and identity, improve our understanding of ourselves and our neighbours, provide our nation with research capacity amongst the best in the world, and education in areas vital for our future is our mission.
Our Values: Excellence, Original Thinking, Integrity, Respect, Inclusivity, Diversity
How to Apply:
To apply for this role please ensure that your submission includes the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria showing how your skills, experience and approach align with the role in no more than 2 pages (for reference, see the position description & selection criteria).
- A current resume
- Relevant qualifications
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in Australia and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Closing at: Oct 8 2023 at 23:55 AEDT