- Full time, Fixed Term 1 Year Contract. Located on the Camperdown Campus
- Exciting opportunity to support the executive committees of the Faculty of Science
- Base Salary (HEO6) $95,860 p.a - $103,341 p.a + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Join a team that supports strategy, decision making and governance for the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney. The Executive Services team brings together key avenues of decision making with the delivery of strategic projects, working together in a fully integrated and connected way.
We are currently seeking a detail orientated professional, who can balance the need for accuracy and timely information with the demands of a dynamic environment to fill the role of Committee Officer to work closely with the Faculty Dean and Faculty Leadership to ensure the effective and appropriate coordination of all academic and governance matters affecting the Faculty.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide the Faculty with governance support and advice
- provide secretariat support to the Committees of the Faculty
- support the Faculty by assisting with Faculty projects, especially those regarding Faculty governance.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Committee Officer who has:
- the ability to interpret, develop and provide advice on complex legislation, policies and procedures
- demonstrated ability to achieve objectives, working in accordance with defined systems and procedures
- the ability to adapt with and improve current systems and procedures
- strong computer skills and extensive experience with word processing
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in handling a wide range of enquiries and providing excellent customer service
- extensive understanding of university governance structures and procedures of the University
- highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to operate effectively and support a small close knit team
- the ability to liaise and negotiate with staff at all levels, in particular senior staff
- an understanding of higher education management and related issues
- the ability to recognise priorities and understand the interlocking responsibilities of the management and governance committees
- highly developed organisation and time management skills
- the ability to prioritise workload and work consistently whilst under pressure with competing deadlines.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Simon Drew, Recruitment Operations, Human Resources at email@example.com
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 01 October 2023 11:59 PM