Post-Doctoral Research Associate
We are looking for an Economist to join the ESRC-funded Decision Maker Panel survey of UK businesses to work with Professor Nicholas Bloom (Stanford University) and Professor Paul Mizen (Kings College London) and the Bank of England.
The Decision Maker Panel (DMP) is a large and representative monthly survey of British businesses run by the Bank of England in collaboration with academics from, King’s College London, University of Nottingham and Stanford University. It is a key source of data for the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) and has been regularly used in the Monetary Policy Report, speeches and academic publications.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term contract until 19 March 2026.
The role will involve:
- Analysing and interpreting the survey data
- Contributing to all aspects of research projects using the DMP data, including data analysis, preparing presentations and contributing to research papers, jointly with the DMP team and independently
- Matching the DMP to ONS datasets in the Secure Research Service, analysing the new insights offered by the matched datasets and using these data in research projects
- Writing summaries of the results from each monthly survey, contributing to monthly data releases and working on blogs
- Developing new ways of analysing data from the DMP
You will work closely with other members of the Decision Maker Panel who work on the Decision Maker Panel and the Bank’s academic collaborators on this project: Professor Nicholas Bloom (Stanford University) and Professor Paul Mizen (Kings College London). There is an opportunity to be seconded to the Structural Economics Division, Bank of England for some of the appointment.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term contract until the 19th March 2026.
This is a full time post – 100% full time equivalent