Digital Media Tutor
Digital Media Tutor
Location: Edinburgh Napier University International College
Type of contract: Permanent, Fixed Term and Sessional
Starting Date: 1st December
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated digital media tutor with excellent digital skills to join our teaching team. Your role will involve the teaching and assessing of international students to ensure they exceed targets. You will support learners in all aspects of their educational studies using both pre-prepared materials and innovation within your teaching as well as utilising a wide range of e-learning opportunities where appropriate.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new and rapidly growing college with opportunities to help shape the project as we look to substantially grow over the next 12 months. If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Plan and deliver Digital Media lessons to international pre-university students from a range of linguistic, educational and cultural backgrounds
- Remain sensitive to the expectations of different nationalities whilst encouraging an open and questioning approach to learning that leads students to become independent learners
- Provide academic support for students, as appropriate, through consultations and tutorials, demonstrating a willingness to offer extra advice outside normal class hours
- Develop and maintain an encouraging environment in which accepted rules of behaviour are consistently applied
- Select, prepare, develop and use teaching and learning materials appropriate for international students
- Assess students throughout their modules, regularly creating, providing and marking both formative and summative evaluations
- Provide detailed oral and written feedback to students and other stakeholders, for example, the College Manager and Director, as required
- Carry out administrative and record-keeping tasks associated with teaching and assessment (e.g. accurate attendance records, student progress reports, schemes of work, test invigilation)
- Assist the development of module templates, schemes of work, assessment materials & Handbooks
- Populate the VLE (Blackboard) with relevant materials for students to access
- Attend and contribute to college meetings and training sessions as required
- Act as a positive ambassador for Oxford International pathway programmes
- Adhere to both the ENU and ENUIC policies & codes of conduct for staff
This job description is provided as a guide to the role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities. It may be subject to periodic revision to meet business requirements.
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK
- Appropriate DBS Disclosure
- A relevant bachelor’s degree
- A recognised teaching qualification
- Masters degree
- PGCE (with QTS)
Experience and Knowledge
- Significant teaching & assessing experience, preferably within a UK further education context
- Substantial experience in delivering face to face and on-line lessons & instruction
- To be able to creatively and effectively use a wide range of software including;
- Front end web design
- Premier Pro and other free/open-source editing software
- Digital Photography workflow
- In-Design, Flipbooks, online publishing
- To have a high level of understanding of digital skills required for a wide variety of media areas including; Media Production, Media and Communication, Photography, Film Studies, Visual Effects, Fashion Marketing, Music Technology, Arts and Festival Management
- Recent experience of teaching in a university embedded international college
- Experience of teaching Digital Media subjects to cohorts of international students within an FE or HE setting.
- Empathy with international students and an understanding of their needs
- Flexibility & adaptability
- Excellent communication skills, oral & written Commitment to the development of ENUIC
- Experience of teaching international students
- Understanding of the higher education environment
- High level IT skills
How to apply
Applications should be made by sending a full CV with a 1-page supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information on Oxford International
Please visit our corporate site: https://www.oxfordinternationaleducationgroup.com/
Or, you can also visit our divisional websites: https://oidigitalinstitute.com/ & https://www.oxfordinternational.com/
Oxford International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service, as this job involves working with children. This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Oxford International is an equal-opportunity employer. Every applicant and employee has the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.