Research Engineer (Ionosphere, SAR Imaging)
To investigate, through modeling and measurement, the impact of ionospheric effects on Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellite images.
Scope of work.
- Sourcing and installation of equipment to measure ionospheric effects.
- Working with SAR image providers on the tasking of SAR satellites and procurement of SAR images.
- Preparing for field trials, including the design and installation of dedicated scatterers, such as corner reflectors.
- Recording and processing of measured data.
- Collaborate with researchers from SONDRA (CentraleSupelec ONERA NUS DSO Research Alliance), which may include research stints at SONDRA in France
- Present the results at international conferences.
- Possess at least a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Has Hands-on experience with equipment, preferably with radio equipment, GNSS receivers, and software defined radio (SDR).
- Experience with software tools such as MATLAB.
- Positive attitude – Able to work independently and in a team.
- Meticulous, able to work well with other researchers, and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Open to fixed-term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 22132