Salary: £26,444 - £28,759 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Closing Date: 06-10-2023 12 Midday
University College Birmingham is looking for an Examinations Officer to join our Academic Registry as part of a dedicated and highly skilled Examinations team. We are a small but key team at UCB who are looking to expand as the University grows.
The successful candidates will provide administrative support for a range of programmes for key activities centred on the planning, and delivery of examinations, access arrangements, boards of examiners, publication of results and external compliance (e.g. JCQ).
So if you are looking for an opportunity to join a growing team and support the next generation of graduates then this role is for you, so apply now!!
Closing Date - Friday 6 October 2023 at midday
- Generous allocation of annual leave
- 26 days’ paid leave per year
- 12 Bank Holidays & Concessionary Days
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme - Employer Contribution – 20.9%
- Subsidised private healthcare provided by Aviva including a Digital GP Service
- Employee Assistance Programme inclusive of counselling services, financial wellbeing support and bereavement support
- Annual health MOTs with our Registered Nurse
- Excellent staff development opportunities including professional qualification sponsorship
- A variety of salary sacrifice schemes including car, technology and cycle.
- Heavily-subsidised on-site car parking in central Birmingham
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- Free on-site gym membership
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
University College Birmingham is proud to have been voted top in the International category in the prestigious 2023 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. We were also awarded silver in the University of the Year category. The awards are voted for and by students showcasing the incredible relationships we foster here at University College Birmingham between Staff and Students.
UCB has a unique collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick - Ranked sixth in the 2022 Guardian League Tables and named the runner-up in the Times University of the Year 2022 and the Times University of the Year 2022 for Teaching Quality.
You may need to obtain permission to work in the UK if you don’t already have the unrestricted right to work in any role. There are various types of visa which include the right to work. You can check if you need a UK visa using the Government’s online tool and find information about UK visa routes and the eligibility criteria that must be met for each route Work in the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). All staff are required to prove their right to work in the UK before they start work.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencement.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.