Trial Operations Coordinator, NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre
- Full time, Fixed-term opportunity for 12months with possible contract extension and flexible work arrangement
- Opportunity to work with Project lead to coordinate day to day conduct of clinical research, including but not limited to protocol preparation and implementation.
- Base Salary $95,860 - $103,341 + 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
The NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre (CTC) is a flagship academic research organisation within the University of Sydney. The CTC conducts large, multicentre, and international investigator-initiated clinical trials, takes part in trials of national and international collaborative groups and contributes expertise to trials run by others. The research conducted by the CTC covers a broad range of therapeutic areas including oncology, cardiology, diabetology, nephrology, neonatal and perinatal health, and currently a number of exciting projects investigating treatments for COVID-19. Conduct of academic research may adopt different models from the pharmaceutical industry and contract research organisations models, so we encourage those with a can-do attitude, looking to take on a new challenge, to apply.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Project Lead with clinical trials and includes facilitating participants screening and recruitment, data collection, data entry and some administration. This involves providing strategic and operational support and advice on all aspects of clinical trial management working on pre-trial procedures, setting up and organising clinical trial sites (with some supervision), archiving documents, on-site monitoring (if applicable). They will be required to plan their work to ensure that deadlines are met, and goals are achieved. They will have some discretion to choose between established methods and sequences provided set priorities and deadlines are met.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the day-to-day conduct of clinical trials, including but not limited to protocol preparation and implementation, preparation of standard operating procedures, recruitment, screening, enrolment
- assist with preparation of Human Research Ethics Committee and Research Governance submissions, protocol amendments and annual reporting as per submission deadlines
- perform tasks related to study recruitment including assisting with the development and implementation of recruitment strategies.
- monitor recruitment for the study and action to ensure recruitment target is met
- perform delegated assessments at study visits for data required by the protocol. Ensure that all study data is accurately recorded in source notes, ensuring payment of study invoices and preparation of study agreements and other related documents
- attend research meetings, professional development seminars and conferences as required.
We are looking for a Clinical Trial Operations Coordinator who has:
- previous experience working as CTC or a Health Care Professional/Pharma/CRO in a similar capacity with Clinical Trials handling protocols and procedures,
- bachelor's degree in Medical/health sciences is preferred
- thorough understanding of human research ethics principles as per ICH- GCP guidelines
- excellent computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Redcap, REGIS is also preferred along with some previous experience in data collection and data handling
- demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships in a clinical or research setting
- sharp attention to detail and evidence of ability to adhere strictly to protocol and working guidelines
- driving licence is required to visit sites on need-to-need basis
- Willingness to travel across AU/NZ sites once/twice a month as per the requirement of the trials
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on an NSW Health site, it is a regulatory requirement to complete compulsory employment checks prior to starting in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit: NSW Health employment requirements
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Faiza Khan, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Thursday 05 October 2023 11:59 PM