Clinical Educator - Hospital Social Work
Job no: 914175
Role type: Part-time; Continuing
Faculty: Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: School of Health Sciences
Salary: Level A.6 – $97,558 pro rata plus 17% super
- Coordinate and enhance field education placements in hospital contexts while actively contributing to innovative, high-quality teaching within the Department of Social Work
- Opportunity to shape and renew hospital placement programs within a dynamic academic team in the field of social work
- Salary packaging, subsidised health and wellbeing services, fitness and cultural clubs, Myki discounts, and a 25% discount on graduate courses to our staff and their immediate families!
About the Role
Join our innovative academic team in the Department of Social Work, part of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry, and Health Sciences. This role involves teaching, supporting field education, and spearheading the renewal of hospital placement programs, offering a unique opportunity to shape the future of social work education.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating teaching and learning opportunities for students enrolled in field education subjects
- Identifying appropriate student placements in healthcare settings and offer support during placement
- Ensuring efficient and compliant administration of field education programs, aligning with educational standards and university policies.
- Participating in departmental projects, maintain community partnerships, and contribute to academic committees and policy development as required
Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking an individual that demonstrates a strong commitment to student engagement and possess excellent computer skills, proficiency in communication, effective stakeholder management, and outstanding organisational abilities. They should be capable of problem-solving and setting priorities independently while managing competing deadlines.
You will also have:
- A social work qualification that provides eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Demonstrated experience in hospital social work, as a practitioner or educator
- Demonstrated experience in teaching students undertaking field education
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
This position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check to ensure the University provides a safe environment for everyone.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – Department of Social Work, School of Health Sciences
In July 2009, Social Work became a Department of the School of Health Sciences, in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences. Social Work was established at The University of Melbourne in 1940 and continues to be one of the leading departments in the Asia-Pacific region.
Social Work has a significant research profile and close local and national links with key human service agencies in the government and non-government sectors, social work professional bodies and other major social work schools internationally.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the email address listed at the bottom of the page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit -https://about.unimelb.edu.au/reconciliation/murmuk-djerring
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
- The responses against the Selection Criteria^ (found in the Position Description)
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Anna Gradoboeva via email at Faculties-TA@unimelb.edu.au, ensuring that you include the Position Number and the Job Title as the subject. Please do not share your application to this email address.
If you have any particular questions regarding the job please follow the details listed on the Position Description.
Applications close: 15 October 2023 11:55 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Position Description: 914175_Clinical Educator - Hospital Social Work_PD.pdf