Associate Professor / Professor of Contemporary Art (Academic Level D/E)
- Based in the UniSA Creative Academic Unit at the City West campus
- Full-time, continuing position
- Salary: $159,241 - $175,078 (Level D)/$204,128 (Level E) per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
As a leading expert in the field of Contemporary Art, you will make a distinguished contribution to the profile of UniSA Creative through the development of a program of collaborative research supported by competitive research grant funding. You will also make a significant contribution to teaching within UniSA Creative’s undergraduate, honours and postgraduate programs.
About UniSA Creative
At UniSA Creative, we focus on developing creative professionals equipped with the skills and knowledge to influence our cultural landscape and to meet future industry demands. Our research explores the complexities of the world around us, with unique cross-disciplinary collaborations that produce inspired, human-centred solutions.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
Essential Skills and Experience
- PhD qualification, industry/community experience, and an outstanding international record of achievement in Contemporary Art (any field/specialisation)
- Proven ability to engage and establish strong professional links with relevant professional, industry and/or community bodies
- A distinguished record in supporting the professional development of other staff, and in inspiring them to excel in teaching and research
- Excellent ability and experience to undertake high-quality teaching activities
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement of teaching practice and reflection on student learning outcomes
- Evidence of sustained contribution to research activity, with a record of quality journal publications and non-traditional research outputs
- A record of distinguished contribution to teaching with recognition as an eminent authority in the discipline
- Evidence of sustained contribution to research activity and research leadership, with a record of winning external grants to support research projects and initiatives
- An international reputation for achieving outstanding student outcomes through the design, review and implementation of education innovations
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Work Life flexibility including working from home, family responsibility leave and individual flexibility agreements
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Staff study support
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Georgie Hart, Senior Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 5500.
Applications Close: 11:30 pm, Thursday 26 October 2023
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.