Lecturer, Digital Media (Web Design) (Level A)
- Based in UniSA Creative at the City West Campus
- Part-time (0.5 FTE), fixed-term contract from 29 January 2024 to 31 December 2025
- Salary: $77,390 - $103,789 (pro rata) per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
As a Teaching Academic, you will primarily focus on the delivery of teaching and associated administrative duties within the Academic Unit’s undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs in Web Design. As a Lecturer you will utilise contemporary professional/discipline-related knowledge in your teaching practice and carry out activities to develop scholarly expertise.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Under direction, prepare and conduct learning activities including lectures, tutorials, assessment and provide timely feedback to students
- Use a variety of pedagogical techniques (including face-to-face, online and blended learning) to foster student learning
- Undertake high-quality teaching as part of the teaching team, including participation in moderation of marking exercises
- Incorporate contemporary professional/discipline-based knowledge in teaching activities, and under direction contribute to the design and development of course materials
- Act as a student advisor by responding promptly to queries and directing students to appropriate supports/services
- With experience, may be required to undertake course coordination duties, under supervision of the Program Director
Essential Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant discipline, and/or professional/industry experience in front-end Web Design and Development with knowledge of HTML/CSS & PHP, and experience working with CPanel & CMSs
- Demonstrated ability to undertake a range of teaching duties including the preparation of appropriate teaching materials and resources
- High level written and oral communication skills including demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with team members, external parties, colleagues and students
- Demonstrated ability to actively engage and educate a student group
- Demonstrated competence in using the necessary digital techniques required for effective curriculum delivery
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Amra Delibasic, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 5540.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Thursday 5 October 2023.
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.