Allergy, Immunity and Respiratory
Location: Southampton General Hospital
Salary: £25,742 to £28,759 Pro rata per annum
Part Time Fixed Term
Closing Date: Thursday 12 October 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The University of Southampton invites applicants to join its UKRI funded Clean Air Champion team (part of the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Strategic Priorities Fund Clean Air programme). The Champions bring together the UK’s world-class air quality research base to develop practical solutions for air quality issues. The Champions are: Professor Sir Stephen Holgate, University of Southampton, Dr Gary Fuller, Imperial College London and Dr Suzanne Bartington, University of Birmingham. The Clean Air programme is a £42.5 million research and innovation investment supported through the UK Research and Innovation Strategic Priorities Fund. The aim is to bring together the UK's world-class research base and support high quality multi- and inter- disciplinary research and innovation to develop practical solutions for today’s air quality issues and equip the UK to proactively tackle future air quality challenges, in order to protect health and support clean growth.
This vacancy is in the Faculty of Medicine, School of Clinical and Experimental Sciences, and will be located at Southampton General Hospital Campus when working on site.
You will have:
- previous experience of providing effective and efficient administrative support
- a proven track record in identifying and resolving critical issues on behalf of senior colleagues
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to ensure that key issues are progressed to meet deadlines and a proven track record of providing outstanding customer service
- excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to manage your own workload effectively to meet business requirements
- good inter-personal skills, the ability to build effective and credible working relationships and be a strong team-player
- up-to-date MS Office skills
Relevant Communications experience in the following areas would also be desirable:
- creating effective media content, monitoring media and drafting and editing communications material for the website, press releases, blogs and social media posts
- using website Content Management Systems and social media (e.g. Twitter or Instagram), ideally in a professional capacity
This post is offered on a part-time (0.7FTE); fixed term basis until 30th June 2025.
Working at the University of Southampton:
Check out the staff benefits and why you should join us at The University of Southampton.