Technical Officer (Nursing and Allied Health)
- Lab technical support role within Swinburne University
- Full time, ongoing position at our Wantirna campus
- HEW 6 total remuneration package (TRP)
About the Role
The Academic Operations Unit at Swinburne University of Technology are looking for a Technical Officer to join their team. The Technical Officer will support the dedicated nursing and allied health laboratories with the School of Health Sciences.
The Technical Officer (Nursing and Allied Health) will be required to utilise a large scope of skills including the use, maintenance and calibration of specialised nursing equipment. The position works closely with the Manager Technical Services (Health), Team Leader Technical Services (Health), and academic staff within the discipline to ensure that training and support is provided in a timely manner for all laboratory and clinical requirements. This position provides accurate advice to the Manager Technical Services (Health) and Team Leader Technical Services (Health) concerning required purchases of new equipment and laboratory or clinical consumables.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Significant knowledge and demonstrated experience in the procurement, operation and maintenance of a wide range of nursing equipment including, but not limited to, preparing training scenarios with Laerdal simulation mannequins
- Well-developed word processing, spreadsheet and database skills. Familiarity with the use of propriety software for laboratory or clinical equipment and systems including, but not limited to, Laerdal simulation software
- Familiarity with the use of digital programs for Allied Health management including, but not limited to, teleconferencing software and electronic medical records databases
- Good understanding of occupational health and safety and other statutory and reporting requirements relevant to clinical and teaching environments
- Demonstrated experience conducting safety assessments, preparing safety documentation and demonstrating the safe use of laboratory and clinical equipment
- A relevant degree in nursing or a related health discipline or significant equivalent industry experience
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: Sunday 8th October 2023, 5pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant