Senior Administrative Officer
- Full time, continuing opportunity
- Be valued for your exceptional coordination skills in a fast-paced environment
- Base Salary $95,860 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Scholarships Office is looking for a self-driven and highly motivated Senior Administrative Officer to join their high performing team. In this role, you will be supporting the continuous improvement of scholarship processes, systems and communications and provision of accurate, compliant and timely complex services and advice to students and staff in other areas. You will be responsible of managing complex scholarships and prizes in a high volume and fast paced environment.
You will also be responding to complex enquiries, resolving escalated cases, and taking a proactive approach improving the student experience related to scholarship matters. The role will review procedures for best practice, documenting work instructions and work in a team of staff in processing large volumes of requests.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide advice and resolve complex scholarship related matters that may arise with discretion, tact and diplomacy
- contribute detailed input into analysis and review of faculty and University policies and procedures on scholarships related matters
- initiate, develop and maintain professional, productive and positive relationships with faculty administrative staff, academics and other internal stakeholders.
- advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite particularly MS Excel as you will be dealing with large amounts of data
- demonstrated ability to contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
- extensive experience in handling enquiries and the demonstrated provision of excellent customer service skills in a strong customer service environment
- strong problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the reasons for the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Tooba Fida, Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 08 October 2023 11:59 PM