We are looking for a multi-skilled handyperson for our Strand Engineering Team. The role is responsible for completing planned and routine maintenance, undertaking maintenance and fabric repairs, completing visual checks of M&E assets and whilst managing their own workload and working alongside Technicians. The role is versatile, with multiple duties and responsibilities.
Role to be carried out to the required standard, whilst remaining compliant and providing excellent customer service.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post.
- Carry out multi trade maintenance and planned maintenance to a high standard including M&E, fire bell testing, legionella management and emergency light testing
- Complete minor fabric repairs including repairing doors, flooring and decorating
- Meet requested completion dates on assigned works and planned works
- Complete visual inspections of M&E assets
- Raise any remedial work with the team
- Complete paperwork associated with planned maintenance promptly and to a high standard
- Work in collaboration with technicians to manage stock levels
- Work with Maintenance Assistants and Technicians to complete larger works
- Work with relevant contractors
- Offer an excellent level of customer service and adhere to Residence procedures regarding room entry
- Attend any training as required by King’s College
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with all relevant statutory regulations and approved codes of practice, the department’s policies and procedures
- Assist the team in delivery of unplanned works
- Carry out duties as may reasonably be required to allow the department to function flexibly in providing the best possible service to our clients
- Comply with the College’s Environmental policy and promote sustainable management techniques
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Previous demonstrated maintenance/fabric experience and supporting qualifications
- Demonstrable mechanical, carpentry, and electrical knowledge
- IT literate particularly in Excel
- Flexible attitude
- Team player
- Good health and safety knowledge
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Legionella awareness
- Excellent customer service skills
- First Aid
- IOSH Working Safely
- Managing assigned work through a CAFM app/system