Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Requisition Number: 51720
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: Faculty
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 01-Nov-2023
We invite applications for a position at the assistant professor level, to begin in the fall semester of 2024. We seek a candidate who is both willing and able to offer lower-division undergraduate courses at the intersection of philosophy with issues involving race and/or gender. A successful applicant's specialization may be in any values area including but not limited to: ethics, applied ethics, and social and political philosophy. The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Department of Philosophy at CU-Boulder offers a large range of classes across the whole discipline. We have one of the largest groups of majors and minors in the country, and we have separate programs for MA and PhD students. Faculty strengths include ethics, epistemology, philosophy of science, and the history of philosophy. For information about life in the department see https://www.colorado.edu/philosophy/climate.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Teaching load: 2-2.
- Teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Regular dissertation and undergraduate advising responsibilities as well as regular service duties.
What You Should Know
- As part of the University of Colorado Boulder’s deep commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, the campus has implemented a reference check program with respect to final candidates for tenured faculty appointments. The reference check program is intended to allow CU Boulder to collect and review information about a candidate's conduct at their previous institutions, specifically conduct related to sexual misconduct, harassment, and/or discrimination – before making hiring decisions. All final candidates for tenured faculty appointments are required to complete an Authorization to Release Information.
What We Can Offer
- The hiring range for this full-time position is $80,000-$85,000 annually. The compensation package includes benefits, as well as funding for research and travel.
- Moving expenses will be available to the successful candidate.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be collaborative. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A PhD in Philosophy at the time of appointment is required.
- ABD candidates will be considered but must offer evidence that they can meet the PhD requirement by the start of appointment on August 19, 2024.
What You Will Need
- We are looking for an original thinker and a productive scholar with a strong research profile.
- We seek a scholar who can supplement the department’s recognized strengths in the values areas and take an active part in the intellectual life of the department.
- The successful candidate will show promise as a committed teacher and have already begun to establish an outstanding scholarly career.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Syllabus/Syllabi: Please submit as a single PDF.
- Writing Sample(s): Please submit as a single PDF.
- Statement Describing Teaching Related Goals
- Statement Describing Research Related Goals
- Optional: Teaching/Course Evaluations: Please submit as a single PDF.
- Optional: Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Review of applications will begin immediately. The posting will remain open until November 1st, 2023.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Assistant-Professor-of-Philosophy/51720
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency