Research Engineer (Materials)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant/Research Associate for Industrializing non-viral precision engineered mesenchymal stem cell biofactories in the Department of Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on a 1 year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
Our laboratory has developed a non-viral based gene delivery platform (Nucleic Acids Res. 2017 Apr 7; 45(6): e38). The Research Assistant/Research Associate (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to develop gene based applications – R&D and clinical application. Our team in the midst of preparation for a phase I clinical trial for recurrent Glioblastoma patients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will work with the project lead (current Post doc) to carry out research in the area of gene modification of mammalian cells, including designing and running experiments, recording, analyzing and writing up the results (as part of a research team).
The RA will be able to:
- Familiarize with literature in the field
- Prepare materials for the experiments
- Maintain cell culture
- Assist in data collection, data management and statistical analysis
- Compilation of data and write report
- Perform other project related duties as assigned by the PI.
The requirements are:
- Good BSc/Master degree in molecular Life Sciences from a reputable university
- Preferably with experience in techniques such as cell culture, flow cytometry, western blot, Immunocytochemistry, and ELISA
- Be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- Highly motivated, independent and able to deliver timely results
- Good interpersonal and organizing skills
- Willing to learn research techniques if lacking prior experience
- Have knowledge of basic computer skills, e.g. MS Xcel, office, PowerPoint.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ho Yoon Khei, at email@example.com.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 18422