Applications from BSc holders in the area of Embedded Systems design and Instrumentation are required to support an interdisciplinary project funded by Khalifa University between the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering departments to develop a multisensory system. The appointment will be for 2 months and starts October 1, 2023. The project’s aim is to substitute the actual costly chemical-based facility used for oil-water de-emulsification by a sustainable and environmental friendly AI-solution, which consists of smart sensors and actuators, embedding state of the art algorithms of AI and machine learning. Real-time performance, accuracy of measurement and separation efficiency would be the main target features of the system. Therefore, the successful candidate is expected to have good handson experience in the areas of hardware design (both digital on either FPGA, DSP, or GPU platforms, and sensor systems design), real-time programming, and/or hardware-software co-design. The post holder will be located in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), Khalifa University of Science & Technology (KUST).
Key Roles & Responsibilities
The key strategic roles of the successful candidate would be:
- Embedded hardware system design and troubleshooting
- Embedded software design, troubleshooting, verification, and validation
- Implementing testing tools to assess the performance of the system
The key operational roles of the successful candidate would be:
- Modify the existing multiphase flow loop to host experiments representative of an actual oil field
- Conduct extensive experiments on a multiphase flow loop for various fractions of oil, water, and gas to assess the performance of the sensors and actuators
- Design of the embedded hardware system according to the certifications requirements of the zones where it is expected to be deployed
- Troubleshoot and extensive offline and online testing of the embedded hardware
- Ensure continuous maintenance and upgrading of the Multiphase flow loop
Providing guidance and assistance to researchers and students who work on the project
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering or equivalent.
Extensive skills and hands-on experience in Embedded Systems design. Proven practical experience to deal with sensors systems design is also highly desired.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Research Assistant
Job Type: Full-time