Marketing and Communications Senior Specialist
- Full time, continuing opportunity
- Pivotal role providing marketing and communications services in support of University-wide projects
- Base Salary $135,820 - $143,310 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Marketing and Communications Senior Specialist is a pivotal role for the University's Marketing and Communications Team, acting as a senior leader, with two direct reports, on research and recruitment activity on University-wide and medicine, health and science projects.
Working closely with stakeholders in the Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Medicine and Health and the wider University, you will provide marketing and communications services in support of faculty student recruitment, research impact, alumni and development and external outreach objectives. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- develop and implement marketing and communications initiatives in support of the University's reputation, student recruitment, alumni and development and external outreach objectives
- adopt a consultative approach to engage all stakeholders to ensure that marketing communications are integrated and brand aligned
- coordinate and create communications using different channels including newsletters, email, social media and web
- monitor and evaluate communications and recommend improvements and new ways of communicating with target audiences
- conceptualise and develop marketing campaigns to support objectives, in particular experience with domestic and international multichannel student recruitment campaigns.
- bachelor's Degree in Communications, or tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- demonstrated success and experience in marketing and communications using relevant channels to achieve desired objectives
- ability to write high quality communications and tailor writing style for different audiences, with experience editing copy written by others to ensure a publication, print or online, is of a standard that meets editorial requirements
- well-developed project management skills with the capacity to manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and to meet deadlines
- experience using a content management system, ideally Adobe suite.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Kristy Fairweather, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 02 October 2023 11:59 PM