Student Communication and Engagement Coordinator
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 7 | $94,206 - $104,282 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park / Kaurna Country
- View Position Description
About the Student Life Division
The Student Life division ensures the delivery of student-centred support across the student lifecycle that underpins the University’s broader strategic visions by delivering support services and functions that facilitate and enhance the academic mission of the institution. The Student Life division provides support services and programs that contribute to the student experience and success, including in the areas of health, counselling, disability services, orientation and transition, retention, student wellbeing, and student engagement through the activities of the Flinders University Student Association
About the Role
Flinders University is seeking an innovative and creative Student Communication and Engagement Coordinator to develop student communication plans that focus on enhancing student engagement and success across the University.
This multifaceted role will develop and implement integrated communication and promotional strategies and be responsible for content creation and management of student information across various digital channels. You will monitor the performance of communications and digital support platforms to provide data analysis and feedback to Senior management.
Working collaboratively with Colleges and Services across the University including the Flinders University Student Association (FUSA), you will increase awareness of programs, services and activities designed to support student commencement, orientation, transition, and progression through various online channels. You will also be required too:
- Write and edit a range of high-quality communication materials including newsletters, updates, student surveys, emails and various other student engagement and success communications as required.
- Maintain and update student facing online environments and digital platforms, including creative content development, navigation, and copywriting.
- Manage and develop content for social media channels and web sites including video production and editing.
As the successful Student Communication and Engagement Coordinator, you will have well-developed time management skills and the ability to exercise initiative and meet critical deadlines, in a fast-paced work environment.
Your interpersonal skills will be the key to your success, as you build and maintain professional relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, groups and external providers. You will have well-developed written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate concisely and effectively, influencing and negotiating if necessary.
As the Student Communication and Engagement Coordinator, you will demonstrate:
- Completion of a degree with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education and/or training.
- Experience in creating communication plans, distributing communications, and updating information provided on the web and digital platforms in customer centric environment.
- Experience in planning, developing, and publishing social media content, including developing and implementing new platforms, ensuring consistency, and monitoring and reporting on outcomes.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Our Commitment to Reconciliation and Indigenous Employment
Flinders University is proud to be an organisation that is committed to our Reconciliation Action Plan and Indigenous Workforce Strategy. Our vision is to be a preferred employer for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We are committed to progressing Indigenous advancement in education, research, employment, and wellbeing, and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all Flinders vacancies.
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Daniel Randell
- Please see here for our Reconciliation Action Plan
- Please see here for our Indigenous Workforce Strategy
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
03 Oct 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.