Research Associate (ARAS)
- Based in Future Industries Institute at the Mawson Lakes Campus
- Full-time, fixed term contract until 30 June 2025
- Salary range: $95,028 - $101,754 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
You will contribute to the research efforts of the Future Industries Institute, particularly undertaking research on the project titled “Part A: Development and flight qualification for an Australian Radioisotope Heating Unit (RHU), supporting a thermal management technology platform for multiple lunar night survival” with iLAuNCH and entX Ltd.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Undertake research under limited supervision to achieve project grant outcomes; i.e. development of materials and processes for an Australian Radioisotope Heating Unit
- Design and perform a range of experiments including appropriate controls to achieve planned research outcomes
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of refereed journal publications, conference and seminar papers arising from the research
- Provide advice to post graduate students in the appointee’s area of expertise
- Attend and actively participate in meetings associated with relevant research projects as well as active involvement in professional activities including, subject to the availability of funds, attendance at conferences, and seminars
Essential Skills and Experience
- A postgraduate qualification in experimental Chemistry or isotope geochemistry or a similar area of isotope chemistry relevant to the research domain
- Experience working with analytical techniques such as MC-ICP-MS and/or ICP-MS
- Evidence of high-quality research output commensurate with the length of research career, which is published and presented in appropriate forums
- Excellent written and oral communication skills demonstrated through written work such as research reports, research publications and educational materials, and through effective liaison with external partners, colleagues and students
- Ability to plan and execute testing and research with stakeholders
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Amra Delibasic, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 5477.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 23 October 2023.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.