Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (Education)
Job reference: 23/111234
Date posted: 04/09/2023
Application closing date: 02/10/2023
Salary: £41,331 - £68,194 per annum
Job category/type: Academic
China Medical University - Queen’s University of Belfast Joint College (CQC) was established in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) through a long-standing friendship between Queen’s School of Pharmacy and the China Medical University (CMU), one of the foremost medical universities in China. CQC is a College that has the full approval from the China Ministry of Education (MoE) and was created in accordance with the MoE ‘Cooperation in Running Schools’ (CIRS) Regulations. The first students graduated from CQC in July 2018, with many opportunities thereafter for CQC graduates to enter onto postgraduate courses at Queen’s Schools in Belfast.
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint two exceptional candidates at either Lecturer (Education) or Senior Lecturer (Eduction) level. The successful candidates will take significant responsibility for teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and contribute to CQC administration/outreach activity, as required.
The successful candidates will be based in China for the duration of the role.
The job details below are for Senior Lecturer (Education). If you consider that you meet the requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application. If you are at an earlier stage in your career and you feel your skills and experience are more suited to a Lecturer role please review the job details for the Lecturer role.
The decision to appoint will be determined at interview and will be based on merit. In your cover letter please ensure that you indicate which role you are applying for.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Honours Degree in pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, biochemistry, biology, biotechnology or related field.
- A PhD completed in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Biotechnology/Engineering or related subject.
- Sustained record of peer-reviewed publications contributing to the conceptual and/or practical development of pedagogy or scholarly research, consistent with a national and emerging international reputation.
- Sustained record of obtaining external funding for pedagogical or scholarly research, educational development, knowledge transfer or outreach activity, as appropriate to subject area.
- An established reputation in teaching Pharmaceutical Sciences/Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.
- Substantial teaching experience at an internationally recognised University with experience of having designed new and innovative modules/pathways or assessment methods in own subject, with a record of good student evaluations and/or teaching
- A proven ability to develop and devise new programmes, modules, techniques and methods.
- Have a proficient level of English.
- Ability to be based in China for the duration of the role.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr. Lei Wang via email at email@example.com