Senior Lecturer, Podiatry
- Join the only university in Australia teaching both Podiatry & Podiatric Surgery
- Full-time, ongoing appointment
- Base salary range: Level C $132,381– $152,279 p.a. (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Discipline of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery is located in the School and offers a three year postgraduate professional doctorates in Podiatric Medicine and Podiatric Surgery to students who have completed a Bachelor Degree along with Higher Degree by Research and coursework options.
About the opportunity
This position undertakes independent teaching within the disciplines of Podiatric Medicine & Surgery, making a significant contribution at the national level. Key responsibilities will include developing and teaching content for the Doctor of Podiatric Medicine program, assisting with student research supervision for both Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) and Doctor of Podiatric Surgery (DPS) programs. This is a senior position, so supporting the Head of Discipline, leadership and mentoring of junior staff is an expected part of the role.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will:
- PhD in an academic field relevant to the discipline or other higher professional qualifications appropriate to their discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and teaching experience in, Podiatric Medicine and/or Podiatric Surgery, including scheduled medicines, in a university environment, OR substantial industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to administer and coordinate academic units and programs in teaching and learning
- Familiarity with flexible teaching methods, such as case enhanced learning and e-learning
- Demonstrated achievement and experience with writing and/or publishing journal articles and other publications
- Evidence of supervision of students’ research in a university environment
- Demonstrated excellence in management and organisational skills and leadership qualities
- Evidence of a high level of interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication, and demonstrated ability to relate well to staff and students at all levels
Special requirements of this role:
- Registered, or able to be registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Podiatrist and/or Podiatric Surgeon
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: PD - Senior Lecturer 515530.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
You may also submit an additional statement (1 page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Wednesday, 18 October 2023.
This position is open to international applicants but must be eligible for, and subsequently achieve, Ahpra registration as a Podiatrist.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.