University Assistant Predoctoral, Catholic Theology
30 Faculty of Catholic Theology
Startdate: 01.11.2023 | Working hours: 30 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc)
Limited until: 30.09.2026
Reference no.: 1271
Among the many good reasons to want to research and teach at the University of Vienna, there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for their continuous striving and curiosity in order to be able to be scientifically successful. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of influence:
Your responsibilities include support in research and teaching (in accordance with the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement), assistance with publications and lectures, in particular literature research and its evaluation, the provision of independent scientific services within the framework of a dissertation project, participation in intra-faculty and inter-faculty scientific exchange, the independent holding of lectures in accordance with the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement as well as assistance with administrative tasks.
Your future tasks:
The advertised position is located in the Institute of Systematic Theology and Ethics, Department of Social Ethics. In addition to tasks in research and teaching within the department, you will have space and time for independent research and the preparation of a dissertation. Within the framework of the university, we offer you very good opportunities for further education, a creative and pleasant working atmosphere, the opportunity to gain experience in teaching, and an entry-level salary in line with the general conditions at the University of Vienna. The position will be offered for up to 4 years, at the most until the end of the position holder's leave.
This is part of your personality:
- A completed diploma or master's degree in theology, Catholic religious education, philosophy or comparable studies with a focus on ethics, as well as ethical issues in the field ethics or ethics in the context of education is expected. In addition, the following are important: - Very good written and oral German language skills - Very good written and spoken English - Computer skills (MS Office) - Organizational skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Desirable qualifications are: Knowledge in the scientific field of ethics - Knowledge of another foreign language - experience in scientific work - Experience abroad - Teaching experience and experience in participating in research projects - Knowledge of university processes and structures
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible, family-friendly working hours, remote/hybrid and/or part-time work (upon agreement).
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 3277,30 (on a full-time basis) increases if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- With your scientific curriculum vitae / letter of intent
- With your summary of research interests / ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal
- With your degree certificates
- With your List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if applicable)
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 10/08/2023